Job Title: Alliance Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Revision Date: 6.23.2022
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Alliance Coordinator at the State Alliance of Michigan YMCAs intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The Alliance Coordinator also ensures the Alliance follows all business procedures and engages with YMCA staff throughout the State of Michigan.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides administrative and clerical support including: composes written communication from key ideas for signature, maintains current files of highly confidential information and reports and assumes responsibility for research and development as needed.
- Attends meetings for which the CEO or Executive Directors are responsible and types correspondence, reports, takes minutes and notes, and makes reports when appropriate.
- Schedules and organizes meetings, conferences and events including preparations of agendas, exhibits, food and room arrangements, and invitations, etc. Makes travel arrangements and reservations when needed.
- Coordinates annual schedules for CEO meetings and phone calls, Executive committee meetings; produces and maintains minutes for meetings, sends out meeting minutes/notes and prudent information to all committees and board members. Maintains databases for CEO/YMCA mailings.
Finances and Information Management
- Prepares financial statements required by Alliance leadership, the board and outside agencies.
- Processes and tracks sick time, vacation and holidays.
- Acts as the liaison and internal coordinator for the annual audit and for the contracted accounting firm.
- Manages the digital record keeping for the Alliance.
- Assist with grants as assigned. Gathers data, compiles and prepares national statistical and assigned strategic plan reports to be used in grants and community benefit statements.
- Maintains an efficient and effective tracking and reporting system that supports the financial development efforts of the Alliance.
- Assists with management of a comprehensive process for timely and accurate grant evaluation, quality compliance, project and program fulfillment.
- Oversees office functions such as office equipment and supplies, etc. Manages purchasing of supplies and equipment as directed.
- Coordinates business cards, stationary orders and office supplies for staff.
- Manages website content development and editing, social media and email campaigns.
Special Events and Network Engagement
- Provide leadership for special events, including but not limited to the Leader's Conference, YPN Peer Network Meetings, Michigan CEO meetings.
- Support Michigan Peer Network, including administrative responsibilities, leaders recruitment, and staff engagement.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- Two years or more years related business management or office management experience preferred.
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and applications including cash reconciliation, accounts receivable, and accounts payables preferred.
- Experience with standard business software and office machines.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as an active and engaged member of a team.
- Respectful of and responsive to different communication styles of colleagues.
- Understands the importance of and places high value on diversity and inclusion.
- Available for occasional to travel up to 10% of the time, with infrequent travel to other states.
- Commitment to the Ys character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
This position works remotely from a home office within Michigan. A company laptop computer and other necessary home office equipment and supplies will be provided, with the option of using personal equipment.
Salary range of $39,250-$44,100 per year, depending on qualifications. Health and retirement benefits are provided along with generous vacation and sick time.
Please send your resume and a cover letter describing how your experience and knowledge correlate with the responsibilities of the position to email@example.com
The position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications promptly.
A list of at least four (4) professional references will be requested of applicants as part of a post-offer background inquiry.
State Alliance of Michigan YMCAs is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service, member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.