Job Title: MOVEMENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Revision Date: 1.6.2023
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Alliance Coordinator at the State Alliance of Michigan YMCAs intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The Alliance Coordinator also ensures the Alliance follows all business procedures and engages with YMCA staff throughout the State of Michigan.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
ALLIANCE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANCE
- Provides administrative and clerical support including: composes written communication from key ideas for signature, maintains current files of highly confidential information and reports and assumes responsibility for research and development as needed.
- Attends meetings for which the CEO or Executive Directors are responsible and types correspondence, reports, takes minutes and notes, and makes reports when appropriate.
- Schedules and organizes meetings, conferences and events including preparations of agendas, exhibits, food and room arrangements, and invitations, etc. Makes travel arrangements and reservations when needed.
- Coordinates annual schedules for CEO meetings and phone calls, Executive committee meetings; produces and maintains minutes for meetings, sends out meeting minutes/notes and prudent information to all committees and board members. Maintains databases for CEO/YMCA mailings.
PROGRAM SUPPORT AND TRAINING
- Support the Alliance programs, including but not limited to the Hub, Michigan Youth in Government, Peer Networks, Evidence Based Programs and Third Party Pay.
- Assists with data entry, printing, mailings, mass emails etc.
- Assists with event execution including but not limited to regional training events, conferences and network events.
- Act as a trainer for Y USA courses as assigned and trained.
- Assists with program execution as directed.
- Assist with grants as assigned. Gathers data, compiles and prepares national statistical and assigned strategic plan reports to be used in grants and community benefit statements.
- Maintains an efficient and effective tracking and reporting system that supports the financial development efforts of the Alliance.
- Assists with management of a comprehensive process for timely and accurate grant evaluation, quality compliance, project and program fulfillment.
- Oversees office functions such as office equipment and supplies, etc. Manages purchasing of supplies and equipment as directed.
- Coordinates business cards, stationary orders and office supplies for staff.
- Manages website content development and editing, social media and email campaigns.
- Support the mission, vision, and goals of the State Alliance of Michigan YMCAs; promote character development and the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Promote the value of diversity and the importance of being an inclusive organization to others inside and outside of the organization.
- Represent the YMCA as needed through various groups, organizations, and/ or coalitions. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Special projects as assigned. This is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is understood that the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties if requested by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- Two years or more years related business management or office management experience preferred.
- Experience with standard business software and office machines.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as an active and engaged member of a team.
- Respectful of and responsive to different communication styles of colleagues.
- Understands the importance of and places high value on diversity and inclusion.
- Available to travel periodically with occasional travel to other states.
- Commitment to the Ys character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
This position works remotely from a home office within Michigan. A company laptop computer and other necessary home office equipment and supplies will be provided.
Salary range of $42,000-$48,000 per year, depending on qualifications. Medical/dental and retirement benefits are provided along with generous vacation and sick time.
Please send your resume and a cover letter describing how your experience and knowledge correlate with the responsibilities of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications promptly.
A list of at least four (4) professional references will be requested of applicants as part of a post-offer background inquiry.
State Alliance of Michigan YMCAs is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service, member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.