Job Title: OUT OF SCHOOL TIME CURRICULUM SPECIALIST
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: CEO
Revision Date: 4.1.2023
The OST Curriculum Specialist will support local YMCAs to deliver quality educational enrichment opportunities within existing out of school time programs by providing technical assistance, mentoring, and monitoring. This is a grant funded position.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Work with local YMCAs OST leadership to enhance existing curriculum to achieve quality grade appropriate academic enrichment opportunities for program participants.
- Evaluates and recommends purchases of instructional materials and teaching aids such as books, toys; equipment and games designed to stimulate learning.
- Reviews and evaluates facility activities to ensure conformance to grant requirements.
- Aligns local YMCA OST curriculum with Michigan Out of School Time (MOST) standards.
Coaching, Implementation and Change Agent
- Assess professional development needs of Y OST program staff and facilitate one-one mentoring or group instruction to support MDE-OST grantees.
- Support teachers and camp counselors in implementing program curriculum and activities that are focused on skill development, developmentally appropriate, consistent with the YMCA values, and established guidelines.
- Monitor and evaluate the integration of education enrichment activities to ensure they are in alignment with academic benchmarks.
Support State Alliance Grant Leadership Team
- Work with the existing State Alliance Leadership team to identify support needs, best practices, and collaborative OST opportunities.
- Support State Alliance leadership team with grantee compliance
- Represent the State Alliance in various state level OST partner networks.
- Support the mission, vision, and goals of the State Alliance of Michigan YMCAs; promote character development and the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Promote the value of diversity and the importance of being an inclusive organization to others inside and outside of the organization.
- Represent the YMCA as needed through various groups, organizations, and/ or coalitions. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Special projects as assigned. This is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is understood that the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties if requested by the supervisor.
Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year College or university; 2 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Experience writing and implementing age-appropriate curriculum and lesson plans through direct implementation, modeling behaviors, and influence vs direct supervision preferred.
Past professional coaching experience preferred.
Familiarity with and adherence to Michigan State Licensing Rules for Out of School Time and Day Camp Programs.
Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles.
Working knowledge of computers and experience with a variety of software applications.
At least one year of experience writing lesson plans and/or designing curriculum for school-aged students.
The ability to design engaging and creative learning activities for a wide range of ages, ability levels, and cultural backgrounds.
This position works remotely from a home office within Michigan. A company laptop computer and other necessary home office equipment and supplies will be provided, with the option of using personal equipment. Extensive seasonal travel and some overnight stays are required.
This is a grant funded position. Salary range 50,000-60,000 per year, depending on qualifications. Medical and dental benefits and retirement are provided along with generous vacation and sick time.
Please send your resume and a cover letter describing how your experience and knowledge correlate with the responsibilities of the position to email@example.com
The position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications promptly.
A list of at least four (4) professional references will be requested of applicants as part of a post-offer background inquiry.
State Alliance of Michigan YMCAs is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service, member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.