Job Title: Michigan Youth in Government Outreach Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Regional Director
Revision Date: 2.13.2023
Supports all YMCA Michigan Youth in Government conferences and programs through
recruiting, training and supporting YMCA MYIG delegations throughout the state.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Michigan Youth in Government Program:
- Works with Regional Directors to implement strategies for recruiting, training, and onboarding new delegations and new volunteers throughout all existing delegations to YMCA MYIG.
- Works with supervisors to prospect leads across the state with a focus on developing meaningful relationships with teachers, administrators, students and other stakeholders across new and existing delegations.
- Work with all staff to implement YMCA MYIG events and conferences (minimum of 11 events per year).
- Meet with stakeholders at schools, YMCAs and other organizations statewide, to assess interest and determine timeline for participation in YMCA MYIG programs.
- Coordinates marketing strategies across print and digital platforms. Including maintaining and implementing marketing calendars across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, email and print)
- Works with supervisor to determine best recruiting avenues to reach diverse groups including engaging with the Program Committee to evaluate strategies and practices.
- Makes presentations to outside groups to recruit for and generally market YMCA MYIG.
- Maintain and update delegation records in database and across technology platforms including using Airtable and online registration database.
- Ensures tracking and reporting of recruits and prospects. Generates reports on a monthly basis.
- Support the mission, vision, and goals of the State Alliance of Michigan YMCAs; promote character development and the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Promote the value of diversity and the importance of being an inclusive organization to others inside and outside of the organization.
- Represent the YMCA as needed through various groups, organizations, and/ or coalitions. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Special projects as assigned. This is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is understood that the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties if requested by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One to two years related experience preferred, as a coordinator of events, recruitment, marketing or other similar activities.
- Proficient in the following software and platforms; Microsoft office products, Google suite products, social media platforms and general business communication.
- Ability to represent YMCA MYIG in a professional manner including over email, telephone, video conference and in person.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, including teachers, students, administrators, legislators and other members of the business community engaged in YMCA MYIG.
- Ability to work independently as an active and engaged member of a team.
- Respectful of and responsive to different communication styles of colleagues.
- Understands the importance of and places high value on diversity and inclusion.
- Available to travel within the state of Michigan with occasional travel to other states.
- Commitment to the Ys character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
This position works remotely from a home office within Michigan. A company laptop computer and other necessary home office equipment and supplies will be provided. Employees receive a monthly home office stipend for utilities, internet and phone reimbursement. Mileage is reimbursed for work related travel per mile.
Compensation: $38,000 – $42,000
This position includes benefits, health and dental insurance (with employee contribution), retirement contribution of 12% after 2 years YMCA service, vacation and sick time.
Please send your resume and a cover letter describing how your experience and knowledge correlate with the responsibilities of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 24th.
A list of at least four (4) professional references will be requested of applicants as part of a post-offer background inquiry.
State Alliance of Michigan YMCAs is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service, member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.